Home BFRO

Adrian Erickson Publicly Discusses his Upcoming Documentary Release
Post new topic   Post reply    BFRO -> NEWS MAKERS -> Other Television/Radio Programs -> Adrian Erickson Publicly Discusses his Upcoming Documentary Release
Randy
Unregistered


Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 292

 Posted: November 11th, 2011 05:54 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

The slience is deafening...
I'm located in CT.
 
 
JRawk12
Approved


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 81

 Posted: November 11th, 2011 06:38 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

I'm not sure if I can post the link because of the particular site, or forum that it's on. Richard Stubstad, who was originally brought on as a statistician for Ketchum, also dabbles in the EP, says that it's looking as if they've had enough. He kind of touches on a 'conspiracy theory' also, but doesn't look like he has any substance to those claims. I'm not sure if they've completely bowed out, but it doesn't look promising. Apparently hype doesn't sell if there's nothing to back it up.
 
 
Bossburg
Administrator


Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3546

 Posted: November 11th, 2011 09:10 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

The 'claims/post' concerning Richard Stubstad is not news unless this is something new covering the same subject. People have been talking about that since early this year (April that I know of). The link that you are talking about is blocked on our forum for a reason. The owner of that website goes wide in several subjects and his main purpose is to stir things up and drive traffic to his site.

Bossburg
 
 
Cathy
Unregistered


Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 462

 Posted: November 11th, 2011 09:28 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

What did you say, Randy? I can't hear you through all the noise!

Cathy
 
 
JRawk12
Approved


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 81

 Posted: November 11th, 2011 11:59 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

I know why the link is blocked. What Stubstad said is from this week, but I know he's a pot stirrer too, and see why his opinion isn't held in high regard around here. He still claims to be involved and gives his reasons why it is no more.
(Edited by JRawk12)
 
 
ezsquatchy
Approved


Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 78

 Posted: November 12th, 2011 12:02 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Quote:
WillyG wrote:
Will someone in the Erickson camp please tell him to lose the mullet!!! lol


He probably is just re-doing the website and the documentary without the mullet.

After all even with video and DNA evidence nobody is going to believe you if you have a mullet.

You heard it here first.
 
 
SilentJohn
Approved


Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 291

 Posted: November 12th, 2011 04:51 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Quote:
Randy wrote:
I just asked Ketchum on her Facebook page if she could comment or clarify...


......Glad you did, so far nothing I see from her Facebook page. She granted me friendship status also,

I'm anxious to hear more about Matilda and seeing her in the film.
The place where the tangible and the mythical become the same . Edward Abbey
 
 
Randy
Unregistered


Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 292

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 03:32 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

The latest RUMOR is he sold the footage to the Discovery Channel.
I'm located in CT.
 
 
cmknight
Approved


Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 748

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 07:34 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

A rumour is just hearsay, until it is proven to be fact.
Ya got nuthin' ta lose but yer Zagnuts.
 
 
teria64
Approved


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 103

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 08:55 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top


I'm wondering if the evidence didn't pass the scientific peer review? Without that, the entire project would be unacceptable to the scientific community. That would be the end of it. All the work for nothing. I truly hope that is not the case!
teria64
TX-2012

 
 
Eric34
Approved


Joined: May 2009
Posts: 213

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 09:50 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

isnt that what this thing has been since the beginning just alot of hyping, rumors, hear-say and speculation. I personally believe they did it for a reason, but in my opinion it seems rather unbecoming and unprofessional for a group of scientists to do that.....I am beginning to have serious doubts about this whole thing....or at least large parts of it. Hopefully at least the footage will come out eventually but it sounds like the whole DNA thing...I dunno..what and see what happens but at this point I am beginning to wonder whether we are being somewhat duped.
 
 
Bossburg
Administrator


Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3546

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 10:10 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Let's not jump on rumors....that kind of speculation only creates MORE rumors as the story grows. Something will surface from the source eventually.
Again as we've done for 'how long now'?, let's be patient.

Bossburg
 
 
Cathy
Unregistered


Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 462

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 10:21 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

The only thing I can think of if it is all true, the dna and everything else, and the scientific community is not accepting it, would be maybe because, as I've heard and don't know if it's even true, but that the mitochondrial dna is 100 percent human, so maybe science just won't accept that there is a creature that is a hybrid human. Or, again, the government doesn't want it known that there is a creature that is hybrid human, problems with paradigm shifts and all, as far as religions, etc. I understand if you decide to delete this post, since it's all speculation again.
Cathy
 
 
JRawk12
Approved


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 81

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 05:01 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Isn't everything about BF speculation, at this point? If it's all rumor, at least we know the source. He's been right about quite a few things in the past. I don't see why the EP would need the DNA study to release the documentary, since AE's original motive was to film the creatures, which they claimed all of this 'profound' knowledge of, and had nothing to do with DNA. I think the EP's flaw from the beginning was to make such grandiose claims about everything.
 
 
MattPruitt
Moderator


Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 116

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 06:34 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

JRawk12,

The goal of the EP has always included corroborating genetic material to further validate the footage.

The EP has never claimed "profound" knowledge of these creatures, nor have they made "grandiose" claims from the beginning.

Only recently did they assemble a publicly viewable website with cursory information about their efforts.

I think you should reexamine your own claims and misgivings about the project before you unfairly criticize them based on your own misinformation.
GA/OK BFRO Investigator - GA Exped Organizer ('08,'09,'10,'11), OR Exped Organizer (2010), OK Exped Organizer (2011) AR Exped Organizer (2012) - http://mattpruittonline.blogspot.com
 
 
JRawk12
Approved


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 81

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 08:33 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Have you ever watched Ericksons interviews? Grandiose describes them a lot better than humble does.
 
 
ezsquatchy
Approved


Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 78

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 08:38 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Quote:
JRawk12 wrote:
Have you ever watched Ericksons interviews? Grandiose describes them a lot better than humble does.


Perhaps you should link to said interviews and tell us what was so grandiose about them and in particular what "grandiose" claims you say he was making.
 
 
JRawk12
Approved


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 81

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 09:23 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

I guess if the site wasn't down, it'd be a little easier. I'm looking for the clip of him speaking about his unparalleled methods, and intimate knowledge. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't saying that you have extensive video of Sasquatches be slightly grandiose? What about the perpetual delays? Was Erickson involved with Ketchum before the start of this project? The shaggy rug pic of the sleeping Squatch was pretty clear too, right? Why not release a pic where people couldn't attack it, and actually showed something concrete? And how does a real estate investor say that there are probably 4,000 BF's, or possibly 3 times that? What exactly are his qualifications? Is that not grandiose?

Bottom line....I don't have a dog in this fight, and was just relaying what is being said everywhere but here. Whether it's true, or not is about as clear as whether or not AE has 'real' video of BF's, right? Is it not all rumors until something actually transpires? I'll bet nothing ever comes from this, though. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Are you guys members of the EP?
 
 
JRawk12
Approved


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 81

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 09:44 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

And btw, fellas...My intent is not to be snarky towards anybody. I completely understand oppositional viewpoints, and where everyone is coming from. I don't usually do the naysayer thing, but....The math has never added up for me, personally, with this whole project. I hope I'm wrong, but for as much negativity I've heard about the videos, I just can't buy what they're selling.(Hopefully all 'rumors')
 
 
ezsquatchy
Approved


Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 78

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 10:15 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Quote:
JRawk12 wrote:
I guess if the site wasn't down, it'd be a little easier. I'm looking for the clip of him speaking about his unparalleled methods, and intimate knowledge. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't saying that you have extensive video of Sasquatches be slightly grandiose?


None of the released documentary videos show him talking about methods or intimate knowledge and it is well known that they do have video footage of Sasquatches. Here is a clip of every bit of it that has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVtHfXfHsec

Quote:
JRawk12 wrote:
And how does a real estate investor say that there are probably 4,000 BF's, or possibly 3 times that? What exactly are his qualifications? Is that not grandiose?


He said his research and the research of others as well as mentioning he has no way of quantifying numbers. Having an opinion is not by default grandiose.

 
 
Bossburg
Administrator


Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3546

 Posted: November 13th, 2011 11:08 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Truce you guys! Not everyone is going to know the inside information or have personal experience with the players. We have stated many times on here that there is footage - no argument there. The complaints come from how this has been handled and seen by the public. If you want to continue this, please take it private.

Bossburg
 
 
Cathy
Unregistered


Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 462

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 12:03 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

You can't blame people for being frustrated after so many promises.
Cathy
 
 
JRawk12
Approved


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 81

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 12:04 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Gotcha, Boss No harm, no foul. There will be oppositional views, and we'll all agree to disagree.
 
 
Randy
Unregistered


Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 292

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 09:04 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Cathy, you ain't kidding. And keeping that footage away from so many people should be criminal as it is hiding scientific discovery from the rest of the world.
I'm located in CT.
 
 
Bossburg
Administrator


Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3546

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 10:05 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Criminal? No one is required to show you/us anything. Erickson bought the rights to it and it's his to do with as he pleases - show it, not show it, sell it, distroy it - whatever. You/we may not like what he's doing, but it's certainly not criminal.

Everyone - let's keep posts informative and relevant.

Bossburg
 
 
Randy
Unregistered


Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 292

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 11:00 AM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Hiding science for profit or personal motive should be criminal IMO and that is my point and won't change. And it is working against everything you guys do here at BFRO and we who have been following for over a decade and dealing with the ridicule for years and years and years and it is actually tiring to hear their avoidance of disclosure defended by those who want to have this creature officially "discovered" for the purpose of science and for the creature's safety.

Yeah, I'd call it criminal at this point.

And we shouldn't stop having this important discussion. There's nothing else to do with them/whomever hiding important scientific discovery.
I'm located in CT.
 
 
MattPruitt
Moderator


Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 116

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 03:20 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Randy,

There's absolutely nothing "criminal" about it. They're not hiding anything. As stated, they are preparing a release... a release which needs to be bulletproof, or else it will fail. These things take time, and lots of it.

Adrian is entitled to do whatever he wants with what he and his team have obtained. It's his data; not yours, not mine, not the bigfoot community's, etc. He doesn't owe any of us any explanation whatsoever. I'm okay with that, because I have my own pursuits in this field.

It isn't working against what we're doing. Frankly, it has NOTHING to do with me. I conduct field research actively, I lead BFRO expeditions, I publish reports, I manage a bigfoot-related blog, I worked on the Animal Planet series, etc. Adrian not releasing his data doesn't affect ANY of my research, nor does it affect ANY of our efforts collectively.

I stay focused, and keep myself steady on my own personal course. That's what all productive and progressive sasquatch researchers should be doing; not waiting around for someone else to validate their personal interests.

I have been hearing about Adrian's data since March of 2006; a lot longer than most of the people online who are demanding that it be released (mostly due to their own impatience). I'll be glad to see what they have to present when they feel that the time is right to release it. Until then, I won't lose sleep over it. You shouldn't either.
GA/OK BFRO Investigator - GA Exped Organizer ('08,'09,'10,'11), OR Exped Organizer (2010), OK Exped Organizer (2011) AR Exped Organizer (2012) - http://mattpruittonline.blogspot.com
 
 
Cotter
Approved


Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 183

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 05:02 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Hi Matt:

If you would indulge me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't/aren't you privy to some of the footage the EP had? Having seen some of their documented film?

I get the impression you have a very earnest interest in the EP, defending them and their actions (or lack thereof!) on the site.

Anyway, I see both of your points on the matter. My defense of Randy's comment - someone perhaps has evidence of an endangered species, while said species habitat is being encroached upon, and said species isn't being protected. If someone is 'deliberately' holding evidence to make money/fame/etc. on it, while said species is being hurt, or their habitat is being destroyed, well, of course that could be criminal. I'm not saying that thsi is the case, but anyway, just making the correlation that it could be criminal, if the intent was there. I think there are people that want to prove it's existence for a variety of reasons, money and species protection being only 2......

ON THE OTHER HAND. You are correct, this is a free country (to an extent), spawning a population of 'entitled masses'. So yes, AE doesn't have to show it to anyone at all and he can do whatever the heck he wants with HIS hard earned footage/evidence.

However, from my armchair here, thousands of miles away from either of you (maybe), and very neatly perched in front of my computer, I have a feeling you may have a bit more of a connection to this than most.

ANYWAY, for what all that stuff was worth........
 
 
MattPruitt
Moderator


Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 116

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 05:23 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

Cotter,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions...

"If you would indulge me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't/aren't you privy to some of the footage the EP had? Having seen some of their documented film?"

I have been fortunate enough to have learned quite a bit about the project. However, the things I don't know about the project far outweigh what I do know. Fair enough?

"I get the impression you have a very earnest interest in the EP, defending them and their actions (or lack thereof!) on the site."

I have an earnest interest in the perpetuation of civility and realistic expectations; regardless of whose data it is. I can't idly stand by when people all over the internet are speculating wildly about something that's really no one's business yet. Once it's released, it's going to be fair game.

This is not my project to discuss; I almost feel like I am stepping out of bounds even making these statements, but my intention is to help people gain a different perspective on this data.

Adrian and his team never intended for this information to get out. They have made no statements, allusions, etc. to their work prior to the launching of their website (which has recently been removed). Adrian did everything possible to keep his project an airtight secret.

This would be a very different situation if Adrian, Dennis, or Leila were posting on forums, appearing on podcasts, or YouTube, etc. making "grandiose" claims. They didn't. They have been very tight-lipped about the whole thing.

Despite this, people (mostly anonymous forum users and bloggers) have been treating them as if they had promised us the "proof" and given us nothing. That's just not the case; they haven't promised anything. Period.

"Anyway, I see both of your points on the matter. My defense of Randy's comment - someone perhaps has evidence of an endangered species, while said species habitat is being encroached upon, and said species isn't being protected. If someone is 'deliberately' holding evidence to make money/fame/etc. on it, while said species is being hurt, or their habitat is being destroyed, well, of course that could be criminal. I'm not saying that thsi is the case, but anyway, just making the correlation that it could be criminal, if the intent was there. I think there are people that want to prove it's existence for a variety of reasons, money and species protection being only 2......"

Sasquatches aren't an endangered species. Adrian isn't holding evidence to make money from it. Their habitat isn't being destroyed. There is absolutely NOTHING criminal about what he's doing with his data.

"ON THE OTHER HAND. You are correct, this is a free country (to an extent), spawning a population of 'entitled masses'. So yes, AE doesn't have to show it to anyone at all and he can do whatever the heck he wants with HIS hard earned footage/evidence."

It is indeed a "free country"... but that doesn't apply to Adrian, as he is a resident of Canada.

In closing, may I just remind everyone that it's not my place to speak for Adrian or his team. I have no involvement whatsoever in their efforts or projects. I am merely speaking as a sasquatch researcher and member of the BFRO. I wouldn't want people treating my efforts with such hostility and anger. Being accused of criminal activity is completely out of line, and that's the primary reason that I felt compelled to respond.
GA/OK BFRO Investigator - GA Exped Organizer ('08,'09,'10,'11), OR Exped Organizer (2010), OK Exped Organizer (2011) AR Exped Organizer (2012) - http://mattpruittonline.blogspot.com
 
 
ezsquatchy
Approved


Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 78

 Posted: November 14th, 2011 08:31 PM  Edit Post Delete post Back to top

I think it would be good to recall the first sentence on the EP website.

"Privately funded since 2005"

This means that your tax dollars do not go towards the project. For a publicly funded organization like NASA, yes you do have the right to see their discoveries since you the taxpayer are funding it. This is the actually basis of many of the Freedom of Information Act requests.

The Erickson Project is a privately funded endeavor and unless you have contributed in some way with that funding than you have absolutely no basis for demanding they release anything.

 
 




Joined:
Posts:

 Posted:   Edit Post Delete post Back to top

 
Post new topic   Post reply    BFRO -> NEWS MAKERS -> Other Television/Radio Programs -> Adrian Erickson Publicly Discusses his Upcoming Documentary Release All times are EST

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options: Delete thread / Open/Close thread / Rename thread / Stick thread / Move thread / Merge thread
< Previous thread | Next thread > | Subscribe to thread |

Design based on Cobalt 2.0 theme by Jakob Persson
Copyright 2003-2005 Jakob Persson